Canada Permanent Rseident Card (PR
If you are looking for details
about applying for Canada PR Card- IMM 5445 please click
here. The current page is more about Canada PR card photos.
• Canada PR Card photographs
are same as Canada passport photographs. They are also materially
different from Canada Visa photos too when it comes to head size.
Canada Immigration photos are photos used with Canada Immigration, Permament
Resident Card applications/renewals.
Canada Visa photos are
photos used for Canada Visitor Visa application, Canada Temporary Resident
Visa, Canada Study Permit or Canada Work Permit.
Please note that
Canada Immigration photos require the Date Photo Was Taken on the back
of one of the photos. This is for you to mention when this photo was
taken. Onlinepassportphoto.com will NOT do this for you as we do not
know when the photo was actually taken. You will need to ask the photographer/person taking your photo to put his/her details on the back.
Permanent Resident Card photos
are not the same as passport photos.
The two photos must:
- show a full front view of the person’s head showing full face centred
in the middle of the photo;
- be clear, well-defined and taken against a plain white background
- be produced from the same unretouched film or from the same file
capturing the digital image or from two identical photos exposed simultaneously
by a split-image or multi-lens camera;
- be original photos (not taken from any existing photo);
- New: measure between 25 mm and 30 mm (1” and 1 1/5”) from chin to
crown (top of hair);
- have a 35 mm x 45 mm (1 3/8? x 1 3/4?) finished size;
- be on photographic paper that has a backing which accepts and retains
the date. Photos without this backing are not acceptable;
- be on prints that are well-fixed and washed to prevent discolouration;
- bear the date the photo was taken (not the date the photo was printed)
directly on the back of one print (stick-on labels are not acceptable).