OCI Photos (Overseas Citizenship
of India)- Digital image
Vs PIO comparison
We provide digital as well as printed OCI photos for "Overseas Citizenship
of India" applicants. Recently, Indian consulates have started asking for digital photo in jpg or jpeg format that is (1) less than 30KB in file size, (2) aspect ratio of 1:1, and (3) are between 300x300 to 900x900 pixels. We can help you with digital image which you can upload with your OCI application online. At the time of ordering, please select OCI and country as India OCI Digital. If you want to order printed photos too, you can for 1 person/12 photos and provide store address for pick up.
To order digital image for OCI (with or without printed photos), please click on this link.
If you are paying for 1 person/12 photos, we will help you format your signature or thumb print free of charge.
1. It is mandatory to upload Applicant's image and Applicant's signature image during OCI-Registration
2. Both the images must be in jpeg or jpg format, with max size 200kb.
3. The height and width specifications of Applicant Photo are as follows:
The minimum dimensions are 200 pixels (width) x 200 pixels (height).
The maximum dimensions are 900 pixels (width) x 900 pixels (height).
4. The height and width specifications of Signature Photo are as follows:
The minimum dimensions are 200 pixels (width) x 67 pixels (height).
The maximum dimensions are 900 pixels (width) x 300 pixels (height).
5. Kindly be ready with both these images before starting the registration process.
- Applicant's Images must be square; i.e, aspect ratio must be 1:1
- Applicant's Signature Images should have aspect ratio(height:width) must be 1:3
2 simple steps:
here to upload your photos or email them to
2. Make Payment: Pay with
Please note that different
consulates in USA have slightly different instructions for OCI passport
photos, and they are subjective too, like face should not be too big
or too small-- but we will reprint your photos free if your photos get
If you are applying to a consulate outside USA, please email us at and
let us know the photos requirements published on your consulate website.
We will ensure that we provide you accurate OCI photos as per your consulate's
Consulate of India
Consulate of India
York- Consulate of India
DC- Indian Embassy
OCI Photo Requirement
consulates of India in the USA have oursourced OCI applications
to CKGS (Cox and Kings Global Services)
Photograph requirements are on this link. Click here.
- Photograph for OCI cannot be the same photograph that is already in your passport
- Recent Passport photo taken within the past 6 months, showing current appearance
- Photograph to be affixed on the application should be square shaped OR 2 inches by 2 inches size (80% coverage of face)
- Photographs NOT to be stapled and must NOT be adhesive taped.
- Must be in color.
- Must be against white background.
- Must show full face, front view.
- Must be taken in normal street attire.
- The photograph must be taken in a colored attire, for example, a medium blue shirt etc.
- The attire should not be patterned / textured or pure white.
- Photograph has to be an original and printed on GLOSSY PHOTO PAPER ONLY.
- Uniforms should not be worn in photographs except religious attire that is worn daily.
- If you normally wear prescription glasses, a hearing device, wig or similar articles, they should be worn for your picture.
- Dark glasses or non-prescription glasses with tinted lenses are not acceptable unless you need them for medical reasons. A medical certificate may be required.
- Glare on eyeglasses should be avoided with a slight upward or downward tilt of the head.
- Do not wear a hat or headgear that obscures the hair or hairline. Head coverings are not permitted except for religious reasons, but the facial features from bottom of chin to top of forehead and both edges of the face must be clearly shown.
- It should be in JPEG/JPG format only
- Max size should 200kb
- Height and width must be equal
- The minimum dimensions are 200 pixels (width) x 200 pixels (height).
- Square shape of size not less than 51mm x 51mm or 2 inches x 2 inches (with 80% coverage of face)
- The maximum dimensions are 900 pixels (width) x 900 pixels (height).
- It should be in JPEG/JPG format only
- Max size should 200kb
- The height and width of the Signature Photo must have aspect ratio 1:3
- The minimum dimensions are 200 pixels (width) x 67 pixels (height)
- The maximum dimensions are 900 pixels (width) x 300 pixels (height).
Photo size requirement from the Master source- Ministry of Home Affairs, Govt of India
Photograph to be affixed
on the application should be of square shape of size
not less than 51*51mm (with 80% coverage
by face). It should have light color background
(not white) without border with front view of personís
head and shoulders showing the full face in the middle of the photograph.
Photographs that do not conform to these standards will be rejected
and may cause a delay in processing the applications.
OCI Photos - Customer
Thank you very much for your thorough and expedited service with
visa photos for my family. I just want to let you know that I
must have visited about 10 stores including 3 Walgreens and 7
CVS and no one could do the 35mm x 35mm photos for me. I am glad
I found your website; your service and follow up have been superb.
I have already recommended
your services to two Indians today who are looking for visa photos.
Thu 11/12/09 6:44 PM
I received the photos
they look great!
Customer: Leena Joshi
Mon 8/17/09 8:46 PM
Additional Detail about OCI Photo Requirements:
If you are in the USA, the Internet, and the Web-site of your consulate
itself can confuse you. As an example, on the San Francisco consulate
website itself, on one page, they ask applicants to submit 3 photos
and on others they ask you to submit 2 copies with their OCI application!
(We confirmmed over phone with them that they need only 2 copies.) Regarding
'OCI Photo size' and 'OCI Photo Background', every Consulate of India
in the USA has its own guidelines!! San Francisco requires 2 x2 size
photos with white or off-white background even though the photo sample
on their website is having colored background!!!
of India, Washington DC also seems to require 2x2 photos.
Not sure if they want white or colored background. (If you know this,
please let us know for the benefit of other fellow Indians in the USA)
Consulate of India, New York
seems to have started asking for 2x2 inch photos too (since Feb 2010).
Their website asks for color backgrouond (not white) but the document
with details requirements for photos (the pdf document) asks for white
or off-white background!!! We wish they were consistent in their requirements
throughout their website!
Sample OCI Photo:
Photos in 2x2 inch (51x51mm) size
OCI Photo requirements from various
Indian Consulates in the USA
The OCI services have been outsourced to M/s Cox and Kings Global Services Pvt. Ltd. Applicants are advised to contact directly to the address mentioned below to make an appointment to submit of OCI application.
For Visa, OCI and Renunciation
Cox and Kings Global Services Pvt. Ltd.
2nd Floor, 235 West
23rd Street, New York-10011.
Feedback/Contact: Click Here
646-589-0088 & 516-206-1483
" As the last date for conversion of PIO Cards in to OCI cards i.e. June 30, 2017. is approaching near, all PIO card holders are required to convert these cards into OCI cards by this deadline.The Conversion of PIO cards in to OCI cards will be done free of charge(Gratis) for applications submitted until June 30, 2017."“Those who had applied for OCI card more than 3 months ago but have not as yet received their OCI cards may send email(s) mentioning therein Reference No. starting with USAC…. to the Consulate at email@example.com.”
The Embassy of India, Washington DC has outsourced the handling of OCI card applications to M/s. Cox & Kings Global Services (CKGS) w.e.f. May 21, 2014. All applications received by Cox & Kings Global Services will be acknowledged to the applicants within 1-2 working days.
OCI in lieu of PIO card
A separate online application for issue of OCI card in lieu of the PIO card without payment of any registration fee has been devised and available at http://in.ckgs.us. The applicant will have to pay the service charges for the outsourcing company as well as postage charges.
The existing PIO cardholders can travel to India using the PIO card with valid passport. However, the PIO cardholders are advised to apply for OCI in lieu of PIO as soon as possible at http://in.ckgs.us
Gazette Notification on Withdrawal of PIO scheme and merger of PIO card with OCI card and GUIDELINES for registration of new OCI cards. Gazette Notification No.L—(N)04/0007/2003—15 dated 10.03.2015
For Visa, OCI and Renunciation related services, all applicants must send their applications or walk-in to Cox & Kings Global Services (CKGS) at the following address:
Cox & Kings Global Services (CKGS)
1001 Texas Avenue, Suite 550,
Houston, TX 77002
Phone No: 516-206-1483 / 646-589-0088
WITH EFFECT FROM MAY 21, 2014 THE VISA/OCI/PIO/RENUNCIATION OF INDIAN CITIZENSHIP APPLICATION COLLECTION/PROCESSING AND DELIVERY PROCESS HAS BEEN OUTSOURCED TO COX & KINGS GLOBAL SERVICES PVT. LTD. WALK IN APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED AT THE EMBASSY. ALSO PLEASE DON'T SEND APPLICATION FORMS TO EMBASSY.
The Address & Contact details of CKGS Application Center in Washington DC
1250 23rd St NW Washington,
Telephone : The new numbers are 516-206-1483 & 646-589-0088.
Contact / feedback link: http://ww1.in.ckgs.us/feedback/