African Passport photos
is difficult to get non-standard size passport photos taken in the USA.
Unless you specifically ask for, most stores will print 2x2 inch US
Passport photos for you. However with Online Passport photos, you can
easily order passport photos for South African Passport, 8 Passport
Photos for $7.95, delivered directly to your home. Note: You can also
get them usually within 24 hours by either selecting an option to pick
at your local Walgreens store or by asking us to e-mail passport photos
in a 4x6 print format that you can take to any photo lab or store and
get printed yourself.
Feedback about our Australian Passport Photo service:
Just wanted to let
you know that I was so happy with my Australian passport photos.
After going to other places and having countless rejections form
the Australian Consulate your photos were the only ones that they
Thank you, thank you, thank you.
I will definatley using
you again and recommending you to all my friends.
Mon 11/23/09 12:30 PM
Comments : I just wanted
to say thanks for a great service.
I looked all around
Vegas for a photographer who would even consider attempting to
take a passport photo to Australian standards, but most either
didn't get it at all or simply refused to do anything other than
The Australian embassy
had no problems with your photos and I have my new passport. I
wish I'd checked you guys out earlier and saved myself a lot of
Wed 7/01/10 1:11 PM
Hi, I picked up the
photos. thank you. You did a great job
Sent: Thu 3/19/09 7:11 PM
African Consulate at New York: Passport Photo Specs:
# Four (4) passport size
photos (2" x 2")
- Please note that color photos which comply with the International
Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) standards for passports photo images
are required for South African passport applications. The holder's
signature (persons 16 years old and above) is laser engraved into
- To ensure good quality scanned signature for laser engraving into
the passport, the signature in the signature box on the passport application
form should be in the middle of the box and must not touch the sides
of the box.
- A medium point ballpoint pen should be used to sign the box.
- Please ensure that your teeth are not showing on the photo.
- Passport applications in which the photo and signature images do
not meet quality standards will be rejected causing delays in the
issuance of passports.
Some websites on the Internet show following specs for South African
Passport photos so please emails us the size for your SA photos after
placing your order:
- South African Passport photos must be 45mm in length
- The photo width must be 35mm
- Both BW photos and colour photos are accepted
- The background of the photo should be plain and free of shadows.
- Only the head and shoulders of the person should be included in
- Head size from the chin to the top of the hair shall not be smaller
22mm and not larger than 25mm
- No head-gear or veil are allowed in South African Passport photos
- Any additions to the face which tend to alter the natural likeness
should be removed
- Spectacles may be worn provided that the lenses do not make the
- Spectacles with dark lenses may be worn if the eyes will appear
distorted without them or if the person is blind
- The full-face of the person concerned shall be photographed directly
from the front, and the head may not be bent or tuned sideways in
the passport photo
- The face shall be a recognizable likeness of the person
- The head, hair, eyebrows, eyes, nose and moustache or beard, if
any, shall be sharply and clearly defined in the passport photo
- Neither the photograph nor the copies thereof may be defaced by
holes, pencil or ink marks or in any other manner
- Passport photographs taken at photo booths are not acceptable
From: Jerry and Vanessa Sladewski
Sent: Wed 4/22/09 8:42 PM
To: Passport Photos
I just picked them up - they are great! Thank you so much for doing
it so quickly!
African Passports at New York Consulate:
# Four (4) passport size
photos (2" x 2") Please note that color photos which comply with the
International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) standards for passports
photo images are required for South African passport applications. The
holder's signature (persons 16 years old and above) is laser engraved
into the passport. To ensure good quality scanned signature for laser
engraving into the passport, the signature in the signature box on the
passport application form should be in the middle of the box and must
not touch the sides of the box. A medium point ballpoint pen should
be used to sign the box. Please ensure that your teeth are not showing
on the photo. Passport applications in which the photo and signature
images do not meet quality standards will be rejected causing delays
in the issuance of passports.
South African travel documents
are granted in terms of the South African Passport and Travel Documents
Act (Act 4 of 1994) and the South African Passport and Travel Documents
Regulations of 1996 respectively. A passport is an internationally recognized
travel document that verifies the identity and nationality of the bearer.
A valid South African passport is required to enter and leave most foreign
South African passports are
issued only in Pretoria. However, applications must still be submitted
or forwarded to the applicable South African representative office.
Applications take six (6) months or more to be finalized.
Temporary Passports and Emergency
travel certificates are issued at South African missions abroad and
both take only three (3) weeks to be finalized.
Please be advised that temporary
passports are not accepted by some countries. It is the responsibility
of the traveler to inquire with the countries to be visited before applying
for a temporary passport. The Embassy/Consulate accepts no liability
in this regard.
Please write your email address
on the top right corner of your BI-73 application form.